Gaspé Lobster Egg’s Benedict
GASPÉ LOBSTER EGG’S BENEDICT
- 5 oz. (150 g) lobster meat
- 2 poached eggs
- ½ cup (125 mL) commercial or homemade hollandaise sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) cold water
- ½ cup (125 mL) half-salted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 slices of toasted bread 3 – 4 in. (8 – 9 cm)
- 4 slices of Pied de Vent cheese (Îles de la Madeleine) or Riopelle de l’Isle cheese (Île aux Grues)
Commercial hollandaise sauce
Add butter and milk.
Homemade hollandaise sauce
In a double boiler over low heat, whisk egg yolks, lemon juice and water together until frothy. Remove top pan from double boiler and add melted butter slowly, whisking continuously.
Lobster Eggs Benedict
In individual gratin dishes, place a slice of toast, then lobster meat and poached egg, cover with hollandaise sauce, and top with cheese. Broil 30 seconds to melt and brown cheese.
Serve with orange juice mimosa for an elegant, luxurious breakfast.
Source : Chef Georges Mamelonet